Terms & conditions
Taste The Moment With Twizza And WIN!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Please read these competition terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the “Taste
The Moment With Twizza And WIN!” promotional competition (the “Competition”).
2. If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of these Competition Terms contained herein, please do not enter the
Competition. Instructions on how to enter this Competition and all prizes form part of these Terms. If you take part in this
Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept that Twizza (Pty) Limited (the “Promoter”) decision is final
and shall be made in the sole, absolute and unfettered discretion of the Promoters and no correspondence will be entered
into. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable in any form and in particular cannot be exchanged for cash. Entry implies
acceptance of these Terms.
3. In the Competition Terms, unless the context clearly indicates a contrary intention, the following words will have the
following meanings and cognate expressions will have corresponding meanings:
3.1 “the Act ” means the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
3.2 “Business Day” means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a day which from time to time is a proclaimed public
holiday in the Republic of South Africa;
3.3 “Competition” means the competition to which these rules pertain as run by the Promoter during the Promotion Period;
3.4 “Competition Rules” means the rules contained herein, as required by Section 36 of the Act;
3.5 “Disqualified Persons” means as further described in clause 11;
3.6 “Participant” means any natural person who qualifies in terms of clause 8 hereof and who enters into the Competition in
terms of clauses 16 – 17 hereof;
3.7 “Participating Products” means as further described in clause 16.1;
3.8 “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013;
3.9 “Promoter” means Twizza (Pty) Ltd;
3.10 “Prize” means as further described in clause 23;
3.11 “Winner” means the Participant who is successful in the Competition and is notified as such by the Promoter in terms of
clauses 28 & 32.
4. The Promoter is offering a Promotional Competition in terms of which the Participants can enter the Competition in order
to win prizes.
5. The Promoter hereby imposes Competition Rules in terms of Section 36 of the Consumer Protection Act. The Competition
Rules contain certain terms which may:-
5.1 limit the risk or liability of the Promoter, or any relevant third party; and/or
5.2 create risk or liability for the Participant; and/or
5.3 compel the Participant to indemnify the Promoter or a relevant third party; and/or
5.4 serve as an acknowledgement, by the Participant, of certain facts.
6. All Participants are advised that the Promoters are required to retain certain information (where applicable) of Participants,
and winners for a period of 3 (three) years (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information to be retained by the
Promoter includes (but is not limited to) the full names, identity numbers, contact details and winners’ acknowledgement of
prize receipts. Accordingly, the Promoters will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure
agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules, as well as with the Act.
Should any, Participant and/or winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Participant and/or
winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize(s) and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
7. Participants must provide correct and up-to-date personal details as required by the Promoter with each referral sent to the
Promoter and allow the Promoter to process such information in terms of POPI.
Taste The Moment With Twizza And WIN!
8. The Competition is open to all citizens and legal residents of South Africa (provided that the participant is also a legal
resident in South Africa at the time of winning and receiving any prize herein) who at the time of entering the Competition
are over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, and are in possession of a valid South African Identity Document (in the case of
residents, a valid passport and necessary residency permission).
9. The Participant, by entering into the Competition, expressly acknowledges that he/she has been given an appropriate
opportunity to first read the Competition Rules before entering the Competition and that he/she understands and thereby
agrees to the Competition Rules.
10. It is a material term of the Competition that all Participants’ to this Competition participate entirely at their own risk.
11. Persons that are excluded from entering the promotional competition is: all juristic persons, computer-based or automated
entries, any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant (“Associates”) of the Promoter
and Apex Visibility (Pty) Limited (duly appointed as the independent auditor for the Competition) and, or any other person
who directly or indirectly controls, is employed by or is controlled by Promoters, and/or immediate family members of
Associates, who are indirectly or directly connected to or employed by any party in the aforementioned capacities or
relationships, their advertising agencies, manufacturers, distributors or bottlers of beverages/products identified by the
trade marks owned by or licensed to Twizza and its affiliates (“Disqualified Persons”).
12. The Participant must inform their employer of his/her participation in the Competition and must obtain consent to
participate, if this is required, the Promoter accepts no responsibility in this regard should the Participant have failed to
obtain the necessary consent, resulting in their inability to redeem the Prize.
13. By participating in the Competition, the Participants hereby accept that the Winners will be asked to take part in further
publicity relating to the Competition, the Promoter may incorporate the Winner in publicity campaigns or allow their names
and likenesses to be used for promotional purposes aligned with the Promoter’s business.
14. The Participant by part taking in the Competition consents to his/her personal information to be shared with the Promoter’s
employees, contractors or agents for the purpose of this Competition and for the purpose of sharing future promotions.
15. The Competition will run from 09 September 2019 at 00:01 and will end on 31 December 2019 at 00:00, while stocks last
(“Competition Duration” or “Promotional Period”). CONDITION: ANY ENTRY RECEIVED PRIOR TO 09 SEPTEMBER 2019
DUE TO STOCK FILTERING EARLY INTO THE TRADE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
HOW TO ENTER & ENTRY MECHANIC
16. To stand a chance of winning a share in R1 million (One Million Rand) in instant airtime, mobile date, weekly and/or monthly
cash prizes (listed below), Participants must purchase any of the following 2L (two litre) Twizza products (identified with
the ‘TASTE THE MOMENT AND STAND A CHANCE TO WIN’ promotional label) during the Promotional Period to enter the
16.1 Twizza Cola, Twizza Granadilla, Twizza Lemon and Lime, Twizza Pineapple, Twizza Iron Brew, Twizza Ginger Beer, Twizza
Orange, Twizza Grape, Twizza Apple and Twizza Mango (“Participating Products”).
CONDITION: All other Twizza Products not listed here, regardless of the promotional label appearing thereon, will not qualify as
Participating Products for the purposes of this competition.
17. Participants must dial the Competition USSD string *120*8012# and enter the unique code found under the bottle label
during the Promotional Period to qualify for 1 (one) entry, or multiple entries in accordance with clause 23, into the
Competition, provided that the Participant purchases a new Participating Product each and every time they enter the
Competition. Free minutes and SMS bundles do not apply. Note that data charges as per mobile network apply.
18. Participants are to enter on a mobile number that is owned and registered to that person. No other person can use another
person’s mobile for competition entry purposes. This is to avoid fraud and possible litigation between the phone owner
and the entrant. Therefore, each Participant is expected to be the owner of that mobile and no singular person can enter off
another mobile phone number. This is to avoid additional fraud being conducted by multiple SIM card owners.
19. Invalid Entries: Entries which are incomplete, unclear, illegible, submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism, submitted after
the last day of entry or contain errors or false information, or are from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid. The
Promoters may refuse to award the prize if the Terms have not been adhered to or if the Promoters detect any irregularities
or fraudulent practices.
20. Participants must obtain, at their own expense all equipment and services that are necessary to gain access to take part in
21. When the above steps (in clauses 16 – 17 above) are actioned correctly participants will stand a chance to win the following
21.1 instant airtime to the value of either R2 (two rand), R3 (three rand) or instant mobile data ranging from 20 – 30MB
(megabytes) each; and/or
21.2 weekly cash prizes to the value of R17,000 (seventeen thousand rand) each week:
21.2.1 a R2,000 (two thousand rand) cash prize;
21.2.2 a R5,000 (five thousand rand) cash prize;
21.2.3 a R10,000 (ten thousand rand) cash prize; and/or
21.3 one (1) monthly cash prize, each month, to the value of R50,000 (fifty thousand rand).
22. Participants may enter the competition as many times as they wish over the promotional period, provided that participants
purchase the participating products each time and complete the competition entry and enter a new unique code.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR CASH PRIZES
23. The more times a Participant enters, in the same week, the better his/her changes are of winning, as indicated below:
23.1 First Entry: gets you entered into Twizza’s weekly R2,000 (two thousand rand) cash draw.
23.2 Second Entry: if the Participant enters a second time, with a new unique code, in the same week, he/she will also be
entered into Twizza’s weekly R5,000 cash draw.
23.3 Third Entry: if the Participant enters a third time, with a new unique code, in the same week, he/she will also be entered into
Twizza’s weekly R10,000 cash draw.
23.4 Fourth Entry: If the Participant enters a fourth time, with a new unique code, in the same week, he/she will automatically be
entered into Twizza’s R2,000, R5,000 & R10,000 CASH DRAWS, and the monthly grand prize draw of R50,000.
24. The draw dates are tabulated below:
**CONDITION: all participants wishing to qualify for the December 2019 monthly cash prize, must enter in accordance with clause 23, into the Competition, before the cut-off date being Sunday 29 December 2019 at 00:00. All entries made after the stipulated
cut-off date will not be considered for the December 2019 Monthly Draw, and such participation will be for the instant prizes only.
|Week||Date Range (2019)||Draw||Prize(s)|
|1||9 September – 15 September||16 September 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|2||16 September – 22 September||23 September 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,00|
|3||23 September – 29 September||30 September 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|4||September Monthly||1 October 2019||1 (one) Monthly Cash Grand Prize Draw Of R50,000|
|4||30 September – 6 October||7 October 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|5||7 October – 13 October||14 October 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|6||14 October – 20 October||21 October 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|7||21 October – 27 October||28 October 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|8||28 October – 3 November||4 November 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|8||October Monthly||4 November 2019||1 (one) Monthly Cash Grand Prize Draw Of R50,000|
|9||4 November – 10 November||11 November 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|10||11 November – 17 November||18 November 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|11||18 November – 24 November||25 November 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|12||25 – 1 December||2 December 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|12||November Monthly||2 December 2019||1 (one) Monthly Cash Grand Prize Draw Of R50,000|
|13||2 December – 8 December||9 December 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|14||9 December – 15 December||17 December 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|15||16 December – 22 December||23 December 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|16||23 December – 29 December||30 December 2019||1 (one) of 3 (three) Cash Prizes to the value of R17,000|
|16||December Monthly ** (cut-off date
applicable– see below)
|2 January 2020||1 (one) Monthly Cash Grand Prize Draw Of R50,000|
|1-16||9 September – 31 December||Daily at random||1 (one) of 191 840 instant airtime or mobile date prizes|
25. Closing Times: all participation in the competition beyond 00:00 –
25.1 On the last day of each weekly date range (being every Sunday), will be for the instant prizes only; or
25.2 On the last day of the respective month, excluding the month of December 2019, in which a participant is entered into the
monthly grand prize draw, will be for the instant prizes only.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
26. R422 400 (four hundred twenty two thousand four hundred rand) Airtime and R105 600 (one hundred five thousand six
hundred rand) of Mobile Data instant prize winners will be auto selected based on daily random draws as per the dates
specified above (see clause 24). Should a participant be selected as an instant winner, they will be notified on the closing
screen of their USSD entry and receive their voucher within 2 hours via SMS. The vouchers are in no way guaranteed to all
27. Airtime and Mobile Data prizes may only be used on Top-Up or prepaid cellular phone accounts. Any customer on any other
cellular phone contract will not be able to receive the airtime and mobile data and will not be entitled to receive the prize.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and/or disqualify any participant/winner that may bring the Promoter
brands into disrepute.
29. No substitution or cash redemption of non-cash prizes is permitted. Prizes are not transferable.
30. The weekly cash prize winners and the monthly grand prize winner (this excludes instant winners) will be chosen from a
random draw of entries and contacted via telephone. Winners will be contacted within 7 business days of the draw date.
31. Possible winners will be contacted by the Promoter or appointed agent on the mobile number used to submit the winning
entry into the Competition and will conduct an audit/verification process of the selected winning entry.
32. Upon receiving a phone call from the Promoter or appointed agent to announce that they are a potential winner (this
excludes instant winners), the Participant will be required to provide their identity document and proof of residency, and
may be requested to provide their original unique till slip for their purchase, dated and timed before their entry date and
time, as proof of purchase for the qualifying product; or such alternative proof of purchase as may be acceptable to the
Promoters at the Promoters’ sole and absolute discretion. The entrant may also be required to provide the bottle label as
proof of the unique code used to enter the competition and/or employers consent, if necessary. Should the winner not be
able to provide a scan or photograph of their identity document and/or original unique slip(s)/ or bottle label to the
Promoter on request, they will be disqualified. The slip(s)/ bottle label is not to be written on or tampered with in anyway.
Validation of supporting documents and till slips by the promoter may take up to 10 business days.
33. Once the verification process is completed successfully, possible winners/participants will be declared as winners and
notified as such on the mobile number used to submit the selected entry into the Competition.
34. Weekly cash prize winners and Monthly cash Prize winner may be announced/shared on social media (such as Facebook,
Twitter and Instagram) within 1 week of validation. Should winners not want their name and surname to be included in the
announcements they are to notify the promoter, in writing, within 2 hours of being confirmed as a winner. The Promoters
decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Should the winner not be contactable telephonically within 48
hours, the prize will be transferred to the next randomly selected entry.
35. The cash prizes will be paid into the winner’s confirmed bank account (the account is to be listed in the winner’s name and
proof of account ownership is to be provided on request, such as a bank letter). Payments will only be made to legitimate
banking institutions, based within South Africa. Bank account details to be provided in writing before the transaction will
be made, with a copy of the winner’s identification document. The Promoter will not be liable for any losses caused by
incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by winners or discontinued/closed bank accounts. No cheques or physical cash
will be issued. Payments may take up to 15 business days to be processed from receipt of the completed online banking
36. Should the winner not have a registered bank account, the promoter may, at its absolute and sole discretion, have the prize
money deposited directly into a cash card. Cash cards will be delivered to the winner’s preferred residential or work
address (within major cities) within 4 – 6 weeks from receiving all the requested documentation. Deliveries will only be
made to physical addresses (no postal addresses) where someone is able to sign for the prize on weekdays during working
hours. Deliveries to high theft risk / special delivery areas will require an alternative address within a major city/town.
Should the winner have no alternative address in an area that is not consider as high risk, the supplier will attempt to
arrange a collection option from a postal service branch within the nearest major city/town. Should the collection option
not be possible or not suit the winner and the only alternative be to deliver to the winner’s home in a high-risk area, the
winner will assume all risk involved with the delivery. The immediate costs (such as the cost of the prize and delivery) shall
be covered by the promoter, upon delivery any further costs will pass to the winner (this includes but is not limited to
insurance of the prize, maintenance, or replacement). Any and all risks in relation to the prize(s) will pass to the winner once
delivered regardless of who has signed for the parcel at the specified address.
37. The promoter is not responsible for any undelivered prize (including prizes delivered by cash card) due to any incorrect
details being provided by the winner with regards to their preferred delivery address or being unavailable to sign for their
prize. The courier may allow someone other than the consignee present at the delivery address to sign for the prize delivery
if the consignee is unavailable or unreachable – it is therefore the winner’s responsibility to ensure they provide a safe low
risk address/destination for delivery. The promoter will not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged prizes once the
prize has been signed for.
38. Winners may be directed by the Promoters on any further steps which they must take to redeem the prize(s) and must do all
that is necessary to redeem the prize(s). No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted.
39. The Promoter will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/
or use of the Prize(s), whether foreseen or not.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility.
41. A Prize may not be awarded to a winner when it is prohibited by law for the winner to use the prize. The Promoter may
refuse to award the prize to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
42. The Promoters are not liable for any defect in the Prizes.
IMAGE RIGHTS AND MEDIA:
43. The Promoters may request the winners’ names be published on Promoters’ social media sites, websites and/or in print
media, or to appear on radio and/or television, and accordingly by participating in this Competition, all Participants are
deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of the social media sites of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
Promoters’ websites, and of Participants’ mobile network service provider, where applicable, and Participants further allow
the Promoter permission to publish his/her name and photograph on the Promoters’ social media pages, websites and/or in
44. The winners’ may be required to appear on any form of media and/or social media, for which no fee will be payable, and
subject to the provision that the winner may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by the
Promoters to do so.
45. The copyright, intellectual property rights, image rights and any other rights vesting in any competition footage, posts and
photographs (whether depicting the winner or not) shall remain the property of the Promoters, who reserves the right to
use it in any way.
46. The Participants consent, by taking part in the competition to the Promoter using the personal information/ data collected
through the competition to adjudicate the competition and for future marketing purposes by the Promoter themselves, and
that such use may include transfers to the Promoter’s affiliates and third party service providers in any country.
47. Participants provide their information voluntarily to the Promoters and are required to take note of the following:
47.1 Participants may not misuse the social media platforms, or the Twizza brand/s or Competition in any way. This includes
posting content for commercial purposes or distributing spam or malicious code or using the site to collect the personal
data or content of other users or direct visitors to other sites or pages.
47.2 Posts must not contain any content that is normally prohibited on the relevant social media platforms such as explicit or
47.3 The Promoters have the absolute discretion to decide if Participants actions constitute any of the actions prohibited in
terms of these Rules and to end their participation in the Competition immediately and take appropriate legal action. The
Promoter may also immediately remove any posts that they reasonably believe constitute any prohibited content without
notice to the Participant.
47.4 The Promoters are not responsible for the social media platforms. The Promoters cannot control how they operate, when
or if they are available, or what content they carry. Even though the Promoter markets and/or advertises the Competition
on the site/platform, the Promoter does not endorse the third party, its site, its products, or services or any content on the
site/platform. Participants use the site at their own risk. Participants must take all necessary measures to protect
themselves and any minors, from risks, such as viruses and other destructive code. This Competition is in no way sponsored,
endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network.
47.5 The Promoters can put in place such technical or other remedies it considers appropriate to prevent abuse, or to protect any
sites or its systems or other users.
47.6 By posting any content, experiences, images on any social media platform, in relation to this Competition and its associated
promotional activities, Participants consent and give the Promoter a world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license,
to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish any content posted and/or submitted by a Participant on a social media platform,
for the purposes of promoting the products and services of the Promotors.
48. By entering into the Promotional Competition, the Participant expressly agrees to the following indemnifications:
48.1 all Participants and the winners indemnify and holds harmless the Promoters, their employees, their advertising
agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed
to Twizza, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/
or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether
as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes).
48.2 Ownership of and risk in, and benefit attaching to, the Competition will pass to the winner immediately. No liability shall
attach to the Promoters in relation to any claims, losses or liabilities for any loss of profit or any other direct and/or indirect,
special or consequential loss arising out of any of the Competition. The Promoters will not be liable for any defects in the
49. Technical failures and Unauthorized interference: If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned
as a result of any technical failures, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, social media site
downtime, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoters’ control which corrupt or affect the administration,
security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend the Competition or to disqualify or ban any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has
caused or has attempted to cause) the problem. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoters and which prevents the Promoters from complying with these Terms, the Promoters
will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
50. Transgressions: Any attempt to damage or interfere with microsites, mobile site, websites or any social media used in
connection with the Competition or the information on it, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the
Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not,
the Promoters reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoters also reserve the
right (subject to applicable law) to disqualify or ban any individual who tampers with or attempts to subvert or interfere with
the Competition mobile site, website, entry process or prize retrieval process.
51. Any participant who transgresses any of these terms and conditions or who acts in any way contrary to the spirit of this
Competition may be banned from entry into this, or into any other Promoter promotional competitions, for a period deemed
appropriate by Promoter management.
52. Amendments or Cancellation: Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend or alter the Competition and its rules or prizes
(not already awarded, to any other prize of comparable commercial value) at their own discretion at any time, if deemed
necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no Participant
shall have recourse for such cancellation or alteration. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information
or these terms and conditions shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined
by Promoters. No Participant shall have any recourse against Promoters as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
53. Non-Waiver of Terms: A failure by the Promoters to enforce any one of the Terms in any instance(s) will not give rise to any
claim or right of action by any participant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of the Promoters’
rights in relation to the same.
54. Disputes: in the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter will be final, and binding and no correspondence will
be entered into. In this regard and for further clarity, the Promoter shall be entitled to deal with such disputes (or any failure
by Participants to follow the rules) in their sole discretion, including that the Promoter shall be entitled to immediately
disqualify Participants from this Competition.
55. Severability: If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction,
then that provision shall be severed from these Terms and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining
56. Law: These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
57. Inquiries: All queries in connection with this Competition, should be directed to Marketing@twizza.co.za. Any inquiry
directed to the Promoter using any contact number/ line/ site/ platform, other than the designated email address provided
in this clause, will not be entered into.
58. Availability of these Terms: A copy of these Terms is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in
printable form at www.twizza.co.za
+27 (0) 45 807 5000
1 Arkwright St,
Komani Industrial Park,